Friday, May 15, 2009

My First Devotional In Dehli

We woke up this morning at 6:30 am.  For those of you who know me, that is quite a feat.  But fortunately for me it was 7 pm in the states so i was somewhat awake.  Rachael gave me a little box full of all kinds of cool things before I left but one of my favorite parts was that she made a bunch of index cards and wrote neat things on each one. Today's card said "LESS of me Lord and more of you. Praying for your team..." basically that we would be servants; emptied of ourselves and filled with the H.S. 
 I began to read John 13 and meditate on what it looks like to be a servant and how i might practically do that here. Jesus gives us such a beautiful example of what kind of love we are to love one another with.  Sacrificial love, intentional love, unrelenting love, selfless love and all these we should  imitate because it is the love with which Christ has displayed for us and to us.  This was such a cool thing to think about and pray about this morning. 
Read John 13. I pray that you are challenged more to imitate Christ and be selfless in doing so. I miss you all! :) 

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm... reading your post made me hope you were drinking some chai this morning. I actually just decided yesterday that I am going to read through John... Brennan Manning talks in this book I am reading about how what John was describing was this perfect UNION between God and man. That God desires to have union with us...

    John 17:20-26
    "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. "Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

    Thanks for the challenge Sam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam I miss you and love you and look forward to hearing all about your trip! May God be glorified!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed you at our ladies meeting last night. We prayed for you and know that you will serve faithfully!
    much love,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. love you! glad to hear where your heart is and will continue prayin for you my dear :)

    ReplyDelete