Monday, June 1, 2009

Crawling Back to the Throne of Grace...

There are many times where I feel like I need to return to the throne of grace. Sometimes I have strength to sprint back with all my might after realizing I have gone astray, other times it is a bit of complacency that makes me walk, but more recently and more and more often I find myself crawling back to the throne of grace. Tears in my eyes I beg the Lord to take me as I am in all of my filth and sin...  It's so hard for me to grab hold of the love of God which is so far beyond my understanding and the reality that God does receive me with compassion as a Father.  
In the reading of scripture I am bombarded with the beautiful mercy, faithfulness and grace of my Father and I sit astounded.  In this grace the Lord has been training me to renounce ungodliness... to live self-controlled, upright and godly.  I have been humbled in sharing the gospel, challenged in my faith (or lack thereof), and have been in complete awe of the sovereignty of God. 
There is so much I can share with you, but every time I go to blog, I get a bit overwhelmed and save it as a draft.  I will leave you with this short but sweet blog. Continue to pray and I will update soon! 

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful yet painful picture...to crawl back to God's throne because we have nothing left. God has been teaching me more and more about the reality that HE LOVES ME. i can understand that He loves the world or the Church but its harder for me to personalize it and understand the He loves me just the same! my prayer is that i continue to understand...or maybe just accept...God's love for me and let that be the fuel that keeps me going. take care sam. im praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete